Friday, October 06, 2006

Adapt or die - letter to the editor of the Vancouver Sun

Re: Environmental debate clouded by confusion and political timidity, October 6, 2006:
My first thought on spotting the headline of Barbara Yaffe’s piece on the report issued by Johanne Gelinas and the subsequent Commons environment committee was Ms Yafffe may have included in her report a reference to the Green Party of Canada. By the time I reached the end of the article it became clear that I would have to slap myself around the ears for being so naïve.

The environment, it seems to me, is nothing more than a sideshow when it comes to the core values of the Conservatives, the Liberals and the NDP. The long term prospects for seeing a majority Green Party of Canada sitting in Ottawa is perhaps unimaginable, perhaps even a joke to many. What is neither unimaginable, nor a joke, is that without real solutions being provided by Canada’s leadership our long-term prospects for survival on this earth are slim to none.

In the forthcoming election I would urge the Green Party of Canada to apply more pressure to the electorate and I would ask that the electorate pay closer attention to underlying message of the Green Party of Canada: adapt or die.

Claus Andrup
Maple Ridge


October 5, 2006

No comments: